FOLLOW ME!!

**********I'm blogging at MichellePendergrass.com and Visual Prayer now!**********

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Tagged 10, 20, 30

Jen tagged me with the 10-20-30 meme quite some time ago. So I'm a little behind. Or I have a big behind. Whatever. The point is you have to say what you were doing 10, 20, and 30 years ago.


Let's see. 10 years ago would have been 1997. Phil and I were on the road (truck driving), having sex in every state. Oh. Did I say that out loud? Anyway, we were planning and saving for me to come off the road so I could get pregnant. Which I did in 1998.

20 years ago...1987. I was a sophomore at Edison Senior High in Lake Station, Indiana. I was dating Matt Sizemore. I think I lost my virginity that year. I know the date, just not quite the year. The date's easy to remember June 9. That would be 6/9. Yeah, you get it huh? Let's see what else. My great-grandpa died. I'm pretty sure that was the year my dad had his nervous breakdown and held a crossbow to me saying, "I brought you into this world, I'll take you out." I must have moved out of my house that year, too. I probably started smoking then. I know I started drinking then. A lot. But I was attentive enough to make straight A's, be in the top 1o of my class and get inducted into the National Honor Society. I'm sure there's more. Stick around, I'm bound to spill some good stories.

30 years ago...1977. Wow. Ok. I was 5 years old. I was in kindergarten playing on the jungle gym that I thought was humongous. That's about all I can remember from 1977. That was a long time ago.


I'm tagging Robin, Alexis, Kay, Heather, and Jenny.

5 comments:

Jenny said...

Just when I'm wishing I could hug you you go and tagged me! Yikes!

Daniel G. Keohane said...

Oh, man...
10 years ago, I started my new job (where I still am), we built our new house, and my youngest child was born, and i picked up writing again with renewed fervor (97 was a busy year)....

20 years ago, 87... my wife (then girlfriend) got engaged while in Florida, I left my first full time job out of college for another, and this was the year I decided to try my hand at a dream i always had to be a writer (learned a lot, wrote a lot, then stopped for 5 years until '97, see above.. )

30 years ago... 77... rough year, graduated middle school, started high school, spent most of the year angst-ridden! (some things never change, lol).

Jenny said...

Okay, I probably should do this on my own blog but who knows when I'll get to that!
10 years ago--it was a rough year. I left what I had thought would be my dream job knowing I needed surgery. Had a complete hysterectomy (found a small amount of cancer) and prayed that God would bring around a job for me so I wouldn't have to go through that big interviewing process. Got a call from a friend about a great job but couldn't take it due to the recovery time. The doctor released me on a Wednesday, got another call on Thursday--"you don't know me but you were recommended. . ." The perfect job teaching at a preschool and spending great time with my son for the last 2 years of his life. I've been cancer free for 10 years now.
20 years ago I was a stay-at-home mom with 4 kids--ages 1, 4, 6 and 8. My husband was self employed and life was pretty much a one day at a time thing while counting every penny.
30 years ago I was in college at NAU and sure I would somehow leave my future day job of teaching theatre to devoted high school kids to star on Broadway. My father had just been diagnosed with Alzheimer's and I had broken up with my first steady boyfriend though he still wanted to be friends. Miserable doesn't begin to describe it.
I so prefer today. God is gracious.

Kay Day said...

Wow! I love getting tagged. tee hee!
Gives me something to write about.
Mine won't be as interesting as yours, though!

Heather said...

Alright girl. Rub it in that I'm 30. I'll put it up on my blog this next week.
sigh.