FOLLOW ME!!

**********I'm blogging at MichellePendergrass.com and Visual Prayer now!**********

Sunday, January 1, 2006

Prayer for the New Year

Father God,

Glory and honor to you, Almighty God. When I look around, I see your fingerprints on everything in my life. I pray that others might be so blessed and they might learn to recoginize your touch.

At times, it is hard to have faith. Please help us with our unbelief. We can't see you like we can see other things. In our small minds, we cannot fathom your greatness and your glory. We cannot understand your righteousness and your love. We don't fully comprehend your purpose and your plan. Some of us try. Some of us try really hard, but even our best efforts fall short and prove over and over that we cannot wrap our mind around who you really are. In those times, my Father, I need you to help me believe. You are so faithful. In the past when I've needed help believing you were there, those are the times I see your fingerprints the most. Open my eyes to your glory. Open my ears to hear your voice. Holy Spirit, guide my mind and my body and make me aware that I am in your presence.

Lord Jesus, draw me nearer to you. Keep me close and keep me from wandering. In this coming year, I want to be in your presence constantly. I want to learn from you. I want to do the things you ask of me. With your strength and wisdome, I want to simplify my life so that all of the outside noise and busyness is kept at a minimum. My mind and my hands belong to you, Lord. I am here to serve you.

I pray for the world, Father God. I know I can't possibly even come close to knowing who's out there. I know that you do, though. And I pray your blessing on each of them.

In Jesus name I pray, Amen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now that's a good prayer for the new year. Amen and amen.