FOLLOW ME!!

**********I'm blogging at MichellePendergrass.com and Visual Prayer now!**********

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Roasted Potato Soup. Otherwise known as OMG is this good soup.

I used more than one potato, but I forgot to take a picture until now.



Potatoes (about 2lbs)
1 big onion or 2 small onions
Little chunk of butter
10 cloves garlic
Salt and Pepper
Extra Virgin Olive Oil (I used garlic infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
6 cups chicken stock
2 Tablespoons flour
1/2 cup milk or half and half

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Cut up potatoes and onions, toss with the olive oil, use enough to coat them. Layer them on a cookie sheet. Throw some salt and pepper on them. Bake for an hour. (the tips will get a bit burnt, don't fret...this causes some seriously good flavor)



Melt some butter and put your garlic in. I use the pre-minced garlic. LOVE that stuff. If you want to use a head of garlic, put it in some foil with the butter and throw it in the oven, bake it for 45 minutes. If you're like me, spoon the minced stuff in a pan and cover, heat on low for a good half hour, raise the heat a bit towards the end and get it a nice golden brown color.

When the potatoes and onions are done, you can put some stock in a food processor and chop up about 1/4 of the potatoes and onions.

Make a roux with the butter and flour then mix with the stock, stirring smooth. Add in potatoes, onions, garlic and milk, simmer for a bit and you've got the best potato soup I've ever made!

We ate this with some buttered sun-dried tomato bread. Oh man. Delicious!!

10 comments:

Kay Day said...

mmmmmmmmm
that sounds especially good on this 12 degree day!! I love potato soup! Unfortunately, I'm the only one around here who does.

SimplyAmusingDesigns.com said...

Potato soup takes me back to being a kid on the farm -- talk about comfort food! Yum-meee!

Robin said...

Michelle, I'm going through these recipes in order, and I couldn't WAIT to get to yours. And, oh, yeah, baby, it was worth the wait. Wish I had some of this RIGHT.NOW. because it's cold, I haven't had breakfast yet, it's lunchtime now, and I've been reading delicious recipes for a while.

I'm daggum hungry.

Gonna try to get through a few more recipes before I stop, though...and if memory serves me, I think I need to go find a few more posts of yours...;).

Thanks for the side-bar lovin' and joining this carnival. There are some GREAT recipes just waiting to be made!

Robin @ PENSIEVE

Sandy said...

yummo! and since it's 4 days before payday, this is what I have left in the pantry. I think my dinner menu for tonight just changed. Thank you.

Kaytabug said...

WOW! This looks so yummy!!! Thanks for sharing.

Bird Stalker Photography said...

that sounds so good! I just made some potato cheddar soup last night! I will have to try this recipe!


Beverly

theotherbear said...

Oooh, that sounds nice!I'll definitely save this for trying when winter comes along.

ellen b. said...

Ohh I am salivating over here. I love potato soup and this one looks devine...

Average Jane said...

That sounds really delicious! I'm definitely going to try it soon.

peppylady (Dora) said...

Thanks for the recipe.