FOLLOW ME!!

**********I'm blogging at MichellePendergrass.com and Visual Prayer now!**********

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Copy Stovetop Recipe

I cannot tolerate MSG. I've not blogged about it because I feared people would think I jumped on the "allergy" bandwagon but after months and months of journaling my food and after speaking with my doctor, it's official. I can't eat MSG. I'll be blogging more about it soon.

For now, I'm trying to find food without MSG. Do you know how hard that is? So I usually opt to make my own.

Here's my Stovetop Copy recipe.

Ingredients:

  • 6 cups cubed bread
  • 3 tsp. vegetable, chicken or beef bouillon granules or 3 cubes (Make sure you buy it with no MSG, otherwise nearly every bouillon has it)
  • 1/4 cup dried minced onion
  • 1/2 cup dried minced celery
  • 1 tsp. thyme
  • 1 tsp. pepper
  • 1-1/2 tsp. sage

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350*F. Bake bread cubes for 8 to 10 minutes or until dry. In a large bowl, toss bread with remaining ingredients until evenly coated. Store in airtight container.

It will keep for 1 to 4 months or 12 months frozen.

To prepare, boil 1/2 cup water and 2 tablespoons butter. Combine 2 cups stuffing mix, remove from heat then fluff with fork.

Yields about 7 cups




I used some Panera Sourdough ends I threw in the freezer along with a half a loaf of french bread. I made the whole batch using 1-1/2 cups of water and 6 tablespoons of butter. That should feed a family of 4 or 5.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

Dianne - Bunny Trails said...

Ooh . . . I'll have to try this out, since we do the Stovetop thing. Thanks! :D

Anonymous said...

I presume you mean hot water??

And did the 6 cups yield the two cups of dry mix? Or did it make more? I'll probably need to make twice what you did, we're feed a dozen people! ;)

This sounds YUMMY - thanks for this! :)

~michelle pendergrass said...

I changed the instructions to read like a package of real Stovetop. :)

Dry=6 cups so use 1-1/2 cup water and 6 tablespoons butter for the whole batch. I'd definitely make a double batch for Thanksgiving!