FOLLOW ME!!

**********I'm blogging at MichellePendergrass.com and Visual Prayer now!**********

Monday, March 30, 2009

Menu Plan Monday--March 30

Starting March 2nd, We're going to give this a shot. I used to be so good at planning meals and something happened--and then I found out by way of a food journal, my system doesn't tolerate MSG--so I'm making thing from scratch to avoid the nasty stuff!

And since we're moving soon, I also would like to need to empty out the abundance from my freezer and pantry. I'm going to try to GOING to spend less than $15 a week for my grocery budget in April and probably the first two weeks of May. WISH ME LUCK! LOL

* * *



Monday--Leftover (frozen) Chicken and Dumplings, biscuits

Tuesday--Leftover (frozen) Broccoli Cauliflower soup, grilled cheese sandwiches

Wednesday--Stuffed Peppers (Large--Once a Month Cooking-type Recipe), mashed potatoes, green beans

Thursday--Round Steak with Gravy, mashed potatoes, corn (See recipe below)

Friday--Grilled pork loin

Saturday--My belated lunch/dinner at mom's. :)

Sunday--Phil's day to grill. Most likely steaks from the quarter cow we bought.



* * *

Dessert? Blueberry Crisp (with blueberries from last summer's picking!)

Snacks? Homemade Yogurt!


* * *

Grocery list? Looks like I only need milk, bread, ice cream, butter and a yogurt starter.


Round Steak with Gravy

1 Round Steak cut in pieces (about the size of your palm)
1 stick butter
Salt & pepper

Melt butter in frying pan on low.
Add in round steak pieces. Salt and pepper to your liking.
Cover and cook on low for about 2.5 hours, flipping meat occasionally. If it looks dry, add a little bit of water.

Make either 2 packets of gravy (make sure it's MSG-free!) or mix your MSG-free beef soup base with water and a bit of flour to make your own gravy. Pour on top of round steak and cover, cook on low another hour.

Serve over noodles, mashed potatoes, or rice.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

Niki Jolene said...

Sounds like a yummy week you've planned; especially the Blueberry Crisp!

:)