FOLLOW ME!!

**********I'm blogging at MichellePendergrass.com and Visual Prayer now!**********

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Beef Things with Spicy Dipping Sauce



I started with this package of frozen "seasoned shaved beef slices" You could probably fry up some flank steak or any kind of thin shaved or sliced beef. Use your imagination.

I was out of Rice-a-roni, so I looked up a recipe for a copy version, tweaked it to my taste buds and went at it.

Then I put some corn tortillas right the burner of my gas stove, added some of the beef, the homemade rice, and there you have it. A new creation!

Oh. The dipping sauce. Really, really hot. Don't dunk. Dip lightly. Or put less hot stuff in it. But it is supposed to be a little spicy, so don't take it all out.



Homemade Rice-a-roni

4 tbsp butter

2 c. rice
1 c. angel hair, vermicelli or spaghetti pasta, broken into very small pieces
¼ c. parsley
8 tsp. beef bullion powder
1/4 chopped onion
1 clove crushed garlic
¼ tsp. thyme
4 1/2 cups hot water


Melt butter, add in rice and pasta, brown.




Heat water in microwave, add beef bullion powder and spices to it. Add to browned pasta/rice mixture slowly. Bring to a boil. Turn down to simmer, cover until pasta/rice soaks up the liquid.


For the dipping sauce, I didn't have any apple juice, so I used that little packet of Mott's Hot Spiced Cider, Red Delicious flavor. Hey. It worked.


Spicy Dipping Sauce

1/2 CUP Apple juice
2 TBSP Soy sauce
2 TBSP Apple Cider Vinegar
1 TBSP Chili Sauce or hot sauce
2 Garlic Cloves, minced or 1/2 TSP Garlic Powder
1 TSP dried, crushed Chilies, finely crushed
1/4 TSP White Sugar
Pinch of Pepper

Combine ingredients in a small saucepan. Heat until simmering. Cover. Simmer for 10 minutes. Serve at room temperature. Makes 1/3 CUP sauce.



4 comments:

Unknown said...

Ooh sounds good. To make it less spicy, you could make sure you used chili sauce instead of hot sauce and eliminate or just barely sprinkle the dried chilies.

Interesting using apple juice with spicy stuff. I wouldn't have thought of that. But I bet it was good!

Jenny said...

Looks delicious! I'm with Jen, though about less spicy. Still have the wimpy taste buds.

Heather said...

Came by to make sure you clarified dip lightly ;)

Robin ~ PENSIEVE said...

You have quite the way with words, dear--"Beef THINGS..." (me likey).

Can this be an appetizer? 'Cause if it can, you need to link it Friday for my Snackalicious thingy...you don't even need to re-write it, just link this post.

I'm hungry now...it's almost dinner time, so I'd say that's fair.

Robin @ PENSIEVE