FOLLOW ME!!

**********I'm blogging at MichellePendergrass.com and Visual Prayer now!**********

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Jeremy Camp and Compassion International

I've been a Jeremy Camp fan since he was playing crowds of less than 200. He's in Valparaiso tonight and Phil and I are volunteering with Compassion International at the concert.

It was 2 years ago, I believe, that we attended a Jeremy Camp Unplugged concert in Ft. Wayne or South Bend, I think it was Ft. Wayne. I hadn't ever heard of Compassion until the short video was played and packets with children needing sponsorship were passed out to the audience. It wasn't a guilt trip--the children were smiling and the packets gave information on the communities they lived in and personal information and interests.

God worked in his amazing way that night. The packet we were handed was Leslie from Peru and she was just 5 months younger than Zane. I knew that developing a relationship with a child the same age as our child would be a wonderful experience.

Sponsor a Child in Jesus Name with Compassion
Sponsor a Child



Compassion works through the local churches of the communities. You are linked with your child for as long as the need exists. You correspond through letters with your child and the relationship is very personal. I've had nothing but a wonderful experience with Compassion. I love Leslie, I pray for her and her family, and am blessed by her prayers and letters.

I'm praying today that many more children will be sponsored at the Jeremy Camp Unplugged concert tonight. But you don't have to attend a concert to find your child. Please consider finding your child right now? It's $38 a month to provide for your child. Click here to learn more.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: