FOLLOW ME!!

**********I'm blogging at MichellePendergrass.com and Visual Prayer now!**********

Friday, September 28, 2007

The Suzanne Gonzales Suicide Prevention Act of 2007

Jeff Harrell at The Shape Of Days wrote an article about Suzanne Gonzales. She was a suicidal young woman who turned to an internet group for support and instead, it seems she was encouraged to kill herself.

Wally Herger of the California 2nd, has introduced H.R. 940 which would make it a crime to knowingly help someone commit suicide over the internet.

I always feel so helpless when it comes to suicide prevention. But I can help this time. Please go to House.gov, type in your zip code in the upper left and contact your Representative. If you don't call, they won't know and won't support this bill. Please, do something.

I took Jeff's suggestion and sent an email that said: My name is Michelle Pendergrass, and I’m a constituent. I’m calling to urge the Congressman to sign on as a co-sponsor to H.R. 940, the Suzanne Gonzales Suicide Prevention Act.

1 comment:

ng2000 said...

Valuable resource of suicide prevention news summaries: http://ng2000.com/ng2000bb/YaBB.pl?num=1221589163