FOLLOW ME!!

**********I'm blogging at MichellePendergrass.com and Visual Prayer now!**********

Saturday, December 30, 2006

Breast Pumps

My how time flies. If you've ever wondered about the url address of this blog "ZanesMilkMachine" was my username on a parenting message board for years. The name stuck even though Zane has been weaned for years now. We did do the child-led, extended nursing thing (and I still think it was one of the best decisions I've ever made.)

Medela and Advent did exist and have good stuff, but I went through a few before I found a pump I liked. Pumping didn't last long for me though because I had an overactive enzyme that starting breaking down my milk as soon as it touched air. The milk soured just minutes after being pumped. It took me awhile to figure it out. Even the LaLeche girls didn't have a clue. It was at Breastfeeding.com that I found a handful of others who had the same problem. I would have continued pumping, it took about fifteen minutes and wasn't a hassle. (It even turned out that after a year, one of my breasts produced sour milk--Just happened to be the same breast that my Mickey tattoo sits above. Zane would say, "Yucky Mickey, Mommy. Yucky.")

I do wish I would have had a site that gave review of breastpumps like this one. I might not have wasted so much money if it had existed back then.




I'm also required to tell you now that this is an entry for PayPerPost.

No comments: