FOLLOW ME!!

**********I'm blogging at MichellePendergrass.com and Visual Prayer now!**********

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Fresh Life Bible Study Series

David C. Cook has been rocking the Christian publishing world lately as far as I'm concerned. Of the last handful of Christian book reviews I've done, David C. Cook has dominated. The Blue Umbrella, Praying In Color, Wounded, Zora and Nicky, Making Crosses (reviews coming soon for these two.)  I'm really enjoying what I've been reading.


Fresh life is a 20 minute a day study.

Awesome!

What I really loved was that the Scripture was right in the text of the study.  No chance for distractions by going back and forth from workbook to Bible. (And I do get distracted like that.)

I loved the notes in the margins and sometimes wished the entire study could be just the margin notes. But y'know, I'm strange like that.

I read through Live Relationally:  Lessons from the Women of Genesis.  Sometimes it seemed a little simplistic.  More "milk" less "meat" if y'know what I mean.  Not that there aren't women who need milk mind you. That's probably why I enjoyed the margin notes so well. More to chew on.


I will probably read through Live Deeply: A Study in the Parables of Jesus as well. These are the two sent to me to review. There are two others in the series.  Live Fearlessly: A Study in the Book of Joshua and Live Intimately: A Study from the Upper Room.

What's also nice about this series is you can definitely study alone but also with a group. I find it irritating when companies (Lifeway) have these great studies that an individual can't afford to do because they'd have to buy a video curriculum that's hundreds of dollars plus the participant's guide. Not very conducive to getting the Word of God out there, as far as I'm concerned. I realize the benefit of group study, but sometimes that's not possible. Like when you move and don't have a church. Or when you just want some quiet time with God.  So kudos to David C. Cook for giving us a Bible study that works with the time constraints of so many women as well as a budget conscious series!








Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: