FOLLOW ME!!

**********I'm blogging at MichellePendergrass.com and Visual Prayer now!**********

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Blog Action Day 2008--Poverty



I'm really not very good at stuff like this. But I want to help, and that counts, right? This year's Blog Action Day topic is Poverty.

I joke about being poor, but I know we're not. Not in comparison to other countries.

To help do my part, as little as it may seem, I sponsor a child, Teresa, from Peru through Compassion International. We write letters to Teresa, she writes to us. We send photos, we receive photos. We pray, she prays. That's the important part, the prayer. We're connected through humans, but bound together by God.

I sometimes wish I could do more. But then I remember to be thankful for the little girl God gave us to help take care of. If each person who read this blog sponsored one child, how many children would be taken care of?

I challenge you today to do something. It doesn't have to be what I do, but do something to help rid the world of poverty.

If you choose to sponsor a child through Compassion International, please let me know. I'd love to be able to report that children are being helped because of Blog Action Day or Compassion International.

You can choose the country your child is from and also view photos of children to find one to help.
Learn more about sponsoring a child.



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Stumble Upon Toolbar

















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for participating michelle! We sponsor a little Indonesian girl :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing, Mich! We sponsor a little boy in Honduras (but not through Compassion--through the orphanage itself where he is). I confess, I haven't been very good about sending him letters and gifts. This year, though, I'd like to make sure a Christmas gift gets to him.
Which means I need to send it this week!