FOLLOW ME!!

**********I'm blogging at MichellePendergrass.com and Visual Prayer now!**********

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Popinjay--FAITH

Faith is the reality of what is hoped for, proof of what is not seen.

And what is not seen by mere human eyes
is known by God.

Last week, just two weeks after mom died, a "friend's" actions through me into a tailspin. That tailspin that killed Goose (Top Gun) Remember that scene? Yeah. All kinds of bad.

My mental reserves were tapped dry.

Recovering, or trying to recover myself, was in vain and I ran away from home.

Drove away from home.

Packed a bag.

Had to get away. Somewhere. Anywhere.

I drove to a remote McDonalds location to sit in the parking lot. To steal their WiFi.

To find an Abbey. Some Franciscan retreat with Monks and quiet. Stillness. Solitude. Prayer. Respite.

None could accommodate on such short notice.



A long-time, dependable, real friend works for an airline.

Texted her: Can we please fly away somewhere. Anywhere? I need to go.

No answer.

Drove to a coffee place with WiFi, chatted with a real friend. Had a deep, painful spiritual talk and heard without doubt God telling me to "Go back to your friend. Put up with her abuse."

Like I wanted to hear that.


Obedience is better than sacrifice.

Drove home.

Hit a baby deer.

Cried until my eyes hurt. My heart came out.

Woke up the next day, got a call from the friend who works for an airline. "Come visit me."

Before I left, a local artist--one of my favorite's--asked for photo inspiration from his fans. Barns, farm scenes, midwest flair. My favorite kind of photos.

I set out with my camera, my son, and faith.

Found plenty of barns and farms to photograph.

Also found The Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe.

Set out on a pilgrimage. Walked the meditation trail.

Got exactly what I was looking for.

Faith is the reality of what is hoped for, proof of what is not seen.



My friends, Heather, Michele, Amber, and Karina have been hosting Popinjay the entire time I've been away. They make my heart sing. God blessed me with these ladies and I'm blessed beyond measure.

Karina is hosting this week and next. Hop on over and add your link.


P.S. Karina was supposed to use FAITH last week. I'm glad she didn't. I'm not sure how much faith I had. This week, I am renewed.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Stumble Upon Toolbar

5 comments:

casual friday every day said...

I wish I could physically wrap you up in my heart right now.

Nell
@nelltaliercio

Elaina M. Avalos said...

Love the photos. And love you. I'm so glad you were able to take the trip.

Valintine Pawson said...

Fantastic photos!

Kat Heckenbach said...

Michelle, I'm so sorry about all the pain you've had to deal with lately. But I have to say it's wonderful how open you are about everything. It may not feel like it now, but God is working in you, and your experiences are touching people. I pray He continues to bring you comfort and strength.

Love the photos. I could so use a pilgrimage right now. Thank you for sharing yours :).

Amber@ClassicHousewife said...

Since my mom was here earlier this week I'm just now getting around to reading this. I'm so glad that I was able to talk to you a little bit on Twitter, and I'm glad you have so many good friends who do gather around you in your times of need. HUGS!!

The pictures are gorgeous. =)