FOLLOW ME!!

**********I'm blogging at MichellePendergrass.com and Visual Prayer now!**********

Saturday, May 29, 2010

(Parentheses)

I went to a writing conference and my mom needed medical treatment.

Once home, I found out my mom has a brain tumor.

My mom has lymphoma.

I've been with her nearly every day.

My mom seems to like to sleep when I'm with her. And that's ok. She needs to rest and heal.

(I've been writing.)

The hospital has been my office. My husband has become the homeschool mom and housewife. And I take my lunch and my laptop to the not-so-comfortable chair next to my mom and I turn on Pandora and she sleeps (and I write.)

Good days. Bad days. But the worst days have not been caused by tumors or lymphomas, but by careless humans.

(on those days, I cannot write.)

But on the days, which are most days, that mom wants a cool washcloth on her eyes and wants to nap while I'm with her (those days, I write.)

And in the (parentheses) of one planned writing conference to a surprise second one, I have finished one proposal of my own and one with a very good friend. This surprise second conference includes a meeting with a publisher who is interested in both proposals.

And today is June 1. Jill's birthday. Last year, we moved into our new home and new life on this day. This year I'm praying for my mom to recover. I'm also praying for what's been happening in the (parentheses) of my life.




Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Stumble Upon Toolbar

4 comments:

Kat Heckenbach said...

Beautiful post, Michelle. Prayers going up for you.

monica @ paperbridges.net said...

You know I'll be praying for your mama. :(

(excited about the potential book deals; excellent news)

m

Julia M. Reffner said...

I'll pray for you and your mom today.

Elaina M. Avalos said...

I'm excited for you that you've been writing and that you've gotten the proposals done! Also...exciting news about the publisher. This is great news.

While I wish the circumstances were different, I'm happy that you're doing one of the things you were put on this earth to do. Write.

I'm still praying for you guys.