FOLLOW ME!!

**********I'm blogging at MichellePendergrass.com and Visual Prayer now!**********

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Simple Life by Thom S. Rainer and Art Rainer


From the book jacket: Authors Thom S. Rainer and Art Rainer interviewed a cross-section of 1,077 individuals to confirm that most people feel their lives are overly stressful and misguided, not allowing enough time for what really counts. As they share these highly relatable stories, the Rainers chart a simple path from joyless to joyful.Breaking life down into four key sections (Time, Relationships, God, Money), the authors show how four key goals (Clarity, Movement, Alignment, Focus) can begin to foster a life that is more spiritual and less busy, a life rich in experiences with family and friends rather than double-booked to-do lists and late nights at the office. The book even lays out an easy-to-follow action plan that will move readers assuredly toward the simple life in just thirty days.




My review: Honestly, I think this book is for a lot of people out there. People who are feelings stressed, overworked, under appreciated. People who feel their lives are chaos. People who feel they need to get things under control.

That's not me because my word for the past 5 years or so has been "Simplify" (See the sign in my old office?)



So really, reading this particular book was like me trying to find a frugal tip that I haven't yet implemented in my life. Which I suppose is good, it means I'm doing something right, right? I can tell by my low stress level that I'm not who I was when I set out on this journey to simplify. I have time now for what I'm called to, time for what I love, and I don't feel pulled in a zillion different directions.

Simple Life is an easy read, gives great advice, and is worth picking up if you need to change your life--because no one else is going to do that for you.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Sounds like a book that many could use. Praise GOD you already have that under control. I am trying and each day I make more progress.
Blessings, andrea