FOLLOW ME!!

**********I'm blogging at MichellePendergrass.com and Visual Prayer now!**********

Thursday, January 15, 2009

2009 Scripture Number 2

Beth Moore posted on her blog asking if anyone wanted to join
her in memorizing Scripture, two a month, in 2009.

You can see all of my posts here.

* * *


Before I get to the second verse of the year, a recap of the first is in order. (More about verse one here and here.)

Scripture Number One: Now faith is the reality of what is hoped for, the proof of what is not seen. Hebrews 11:1 (Holman Christian Standard)

Here's the last photo you saw of my Scripture art
And now...my Scripture Art as it will remain



I believe I've committed this verse to memory, though probably not word for word. Understanding ideas is far more important to me than getting every word correct. And of course, the spiritual battle is raging. However, I'm leaning on a verse I learned back in January of 2006--Exodus 14:14 says (in my version) Shut up and the Lord will fight this battle for you. So my lips are zipped, my mind is active with Scripture, and my hands are busy making art. God has me right where He wants me, in His right hand.




Onto 2009 Scripture Number 2

"I will praise the LORD who counsels me--even at night my conscience instructs me."

Psalm 16:7


Link yours in the comments.






Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love this whole idea...i've had the desire to do art based on what i'm reading, and it's just starting to happen. this post was confirmation for me. yay!