FOLLOW ME!!

**********I'm blogging at MichellePendergrass.com and Visual Prayer now!**********

Monday, August 18, 2008

Quetzalcoatl. Again.

I had a dream about Quetzalcoatl, the Aztec god of intelligence, self-reflection, and creation July 1st.

On Twitter today, Donna Shepherd linked to a new crop circle found at Etchillhampton Hill and I read this:

Close parallels between Christian and Mayan symbolism
The new crop picture from Etchilhampton Hill shows clear Christian symbolism---"there will be signs on the Earth"---but also shows Mayan symbolism as well. Thus when Cortez and other Spanish invaders conquered central America around 1520 AD, they were shocked to find "crosses" in some of the native holy sites (see HERE or HERE). They also heard legends of the Flood, and saw rituals of child baptism. All of these seemed to originate from a visit to central America by white missionaries and teachers around 60 AD (see "In Search of Quetzalcoatl" by Pierre Honore, 1961). The new picture also matches closely in style an astronomical eclipse glyph that appeared at Furze Knoll on June 20, 2008, thereby suggesting that both were made by the same artist.

On top of that, I watched the DaVinci Code last night.

I can feel a story brewing. Not to mention the fact that I'm just a tad bit freaked out.

Photo credit.

1 comment:

Rosebud Collection said...

I have to admit, I started laughing about you being a "tad bit freaked out"..so many things we don't know about..interesting stuff..