FOLLOW ME!!

**********I'm blogging at MichellePendergrass.com and Visual Prayer now!**********

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Writing, back to the grind



  • Last week, my friend needed me to help take care of her kids while her husband was in the hospital. I stayed at her house a few days, I did work on the story a little, but not as much as I would have liked to. Given the circumstances though, I did ok.

    I think I mentioned this, but I can't remember. One day, I got stuck and words wouldn't come out. I decided to grab some paper and a pencil and lay down on the floor to draw the cane the Old Man in my story whittled. And it came out so much better than I thought it would. This creative process brought out a theme of the book I didn't fully understand, it was like a light went on. I don't understand how I can write this story and not know this stuff, maybe its just hidden in my subconscious and I don't realize it. However that works, I don't think I'll be the one to figure it out. The drawing happened, it worked, I get it now like I didn't before and the words are flowing.

  • We had a busy weekend. Friday we saw a special presentation at the Merrillville Planetarium with Jen and her kids.


  • Sunday, my nephew's birthday party plus an added bonus: a trip to the Grand Opening of the new Cabela's! Phil got his Christmas present (early of course) and I picked up a few things for my Cowboy Christmas tree.

  • Monday was spent catching up on things here at home and ordering some goodies for the Cowboy Christmas tree. You are going to love this thing! I'm so excited!

  • So, here we are at Tuesday. The house is pretty well maintained since we haven't really been here. I have a couple loads of laundry to do and the living room needs to be straightened, but its good for the most part.


I have no clue yet what I'll be doing for Tackle It Tuesday. I've spent a bit of time reading the last scene of Whisky Lilacs and writing a bit more, Phil's getting up soon and I need to make his breakfast and fix his lunch so after I see him off to work, I'll finish my word quota and THEN concentrate on Tackling something other than this blog. LOL



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well you're doing better than I am at the writing thing. And why is that little cartoon guy watching TV? Is he that far ahead on his writing that he can do that? Slacker!

~michelle pendergrass said...

Well, he was slacking til now. LOL