Back when Moses was in charge of handling all the issues that the children of Israel were wrestling, his father-in-law Jethro told him, "What the hell do you think you're doing? You're wearing yourself out, man! Go get some help!" Ok, so that's an official Coach Culbertson paraphrase, but the intent is the same. Being a relatively smart man, I decided to take Jethro's advice and recruit from the Diner alumni some colleagues to help man the kitchen of this strange out-of-the-way place.Providing heart for the team, awwww man. That makes me all weepy and sappy. Although, it also feels a little like that famous quote from the writer I adore: "People think that I must be a very strange person. This is not correct. I have the heart of a small boy. It is in a glass jar on my desk."
Ladies and gentlemen, I'd like to introduce you to some new members of the Coach's Midnight Diner Editorial Team:
- Kevin Lucia - Author of "The Way Station" from the first edition of the Diner, providing wit and speed for the team- http://www.kevinlucia.net
- Mike Duran - Author of "Polly's Muse" from the first edition, solving for the experience and wisdom side of the Diner equation- http://www.mikeduran.com
- Michelle Pendergrass - Bloggerina from the Misfits and Nanowrimo Spring Training Veteran, providing heart for the team- http://zanesmilkmachine.blogspot.com
- Vennessa Ng- Editor Extraordinaire, back for a second round of keeping Coach in line - http://www.aotearoaeditorial.com/
- Melody Graves, Author of "The Looking Glass" from the first edition, will be stepping up as our new Layout Editor - http://www.melodygraves.com
- and of course, your friendly neighborhood fry cook, Coach Culbertson
All joking aside, I am humbled like you wouldn't believe to be asked to be invited to the Diner, to have coffee with these amazing people. In my head, I list the reasons I shouldn't be invovled. The main one is always the fact that I don't feel qualified. I doubt that I'll ever feel like I deserve to be given a chance such as this, but I have, and I'm more grateful than words could express.
Head over to the read the full announcement and then get to writing and submitting! There are some great new categories as well as fabulous returning ones.