FOLLOW ME!!

**********I'm blogging at MichellePendergrass.com and Visual Prayer now!**********

Monday, July 23, 2007

BP and Northwest Indiana

I was born in NorthWest Indiana, "The Region" to be exact, I was raised here and only 6 years of my 35 have been away from here. I don't know everything there is to know, one can't possibly know everything, but I do try to stay on top of things.

When PayPerPost offered up this opportunity from BP, I'm really glad it was available for me to blog about. Not only am I a "Region Rat" but I'm also married to a man who hauls fuel every day out of the BP refinery. We've got a double dose of interest in this story.

From what I know, BP is doing everything legally and with the environment in mind. They're doing what Americans have cried out for--they're trying to minimize our dependence on the Middle East for oil by upping production of Canadian Oil. From what I understand, this means they need to expand and upgrade.

In my opinion, the tree huggers are looking for a cause and BP's in the way this time. The Chicago Tribune cast the BP Refinery in Whiting, Indiana in a bad light. (I wonder, did they run articles about the mills in Northwest Indiana shutting down when the Olympic committee came to visit?)

The BP plant produces fuel for this area, jobs, and y'know what? I believe they're doing everything to the best of their ability. Here's an article from the Ft. Wayne Sentinel.



No comments: