FOLLOW ME!!

**********I'm blogging at MichellePendergrass.com and Visual Prayer now!**********

Friday, April 27, 2007

Things That Are Hard To Talk About

I wrote a story called Whisky Lilacs and when writing it, certain scenes were in my head like I was watching a movie. Today, I watched a video of the song Whiskey Lullaby by Brad Paisley and Allison Krauss that reminded me of the process in my head when writing that story.

Sometimes things are beautiful even when they're dark and painful. As a writer, I struggle to fully explain things like the cross, which is at once the most beautiful expression of love and at the same time, the darkest of moments as Jesus cries out to His Father, "Why have you forsaken me?"

Whiskey Lullaby is an example of dark beauty.

"...the angels sang a whiskey lullably"





No comments: