FOLLOW ME!!

**********I'm blogging at MichellePendergrass.com and Visual Prayer now!**********

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Day One and Two

I have company!! One of my Misfit critique partnersJen Tiszai is here visiting with her kids! They've never seen snow and luckily, our property is so wooded that there was still enough for the kids to enjoy!

Friday afternoon, Zane and I picked them up at the Gary Airport, which was really nice. I don't really like going to the big airports if I don't have to. We headed straight for the nearest MickeyD's playplace, the kids really needed to run! Jen and I, of course, talked. Which I don't think we've stopped doing since she got here.

Then to Starbucks. (Did ya really think we'd pass that up?)

Then to my house. Phil came home from work bearing gifts for all. A bouquet of flowers for Jen and Sissy, a brand-spanking new light saber for Calvin, a single rose for me, and two Star Wars Galatic Hereos for Zane.

The oddities heard from Mich's living room ranged from "You must die" to "should we cut his hand off?" (Sissy caught this great moment on camera)



So, we've lived in this house going on four years and my box with wine glasses is still not unpacked. I drink out of this dusty pink colored one sent to me "free" by Harlequin. Well. They said I could keep the glass, so I did. However that presented a challenge when trying to serve my guest the house wine--y'know the box wine you guys make fun of me for drinking? Seems I have an ally now. The packaging process gives this wine a flavor that is truly delicious. Even Jen, the wine snob, said so.

Anyway, do you like her glass? She requested it. Maybe she'll write horror with me after all...




First thing Saturday morning, the kids were outside in the snow! Here's Sissy trying to build her snowman.

See Jen's blog for Calvin's "shoes are optional" photo. He gets along with Phil, who also goes into the snow barefooted. Must be a man thing.

Jen wanted to see all of our property, so we went for a walk. Calvin found a "dinosaur bone" It appeared to be a piece of spinal cord from an *ahem* extinct creature. Calvin, efficient child that he is, promptly made it into a snow cone. Uhm. Yes. We looked over and caught him scooping snow up with the bone and eating it out of his treasure.

Molly decided she needed to cool off in the murky waters of the forest. Of course, that also meant she needed a bath upon our return home from the journey.



A little more light saber action from our Jedi.

Poor Chuck's wiped out. Looks like he's growling, but he's falling asleep. That snarl is actually his normal look. Poor dog's lip gets stuck like that all the time.



And of course, the day wouldn't be complete without Phil being horny.

8 comments:

Elaina M. Avalos said...

Hey, I have that rose wine glass too. Harlequin. It matches nothing in my cupboard since I have some of Grandmother's wine glasses and a set I've purchased. Don't ask me how I ended up with it. I don't read Harlequin. They must have somehow confused me with some other Elaina Avalos.

So what's in this box o' wine you keep talking about by the way? I can't say that I've ever had wine from a box although I'm no wine snob. A $4.99 bottle of Port or White Zin from Food Lion will do just fine for me, thank you very much!

I also just have to say, how sweet of Phil to bring gifts home. When I read that I did one of those stupid girl things I sometimes do and said, "Awww . . . sweet."

Sounds like you guys are having fun!

Elaina M. Avalos said...

By the way, I SO meant what TYPE of wine is in the box of wine. Because my question actually answers itself. There's wine in the box, Elaina. Uh, duh.

Heather said...

AND, you both got good work done on writing! Wine and writing all in one.

Jenny said...

Oh I so wish I had been there!
And the picture of Phil, did you mean horny or corny ;-) Glad you all had a great time.
Abundant blessings,
Jenny Cary

Mikesell said...

When're we gonna see birthmarks? Live hot birthmark action! That's what'll keep 'em coming back for more.

chrisd said...

Sounds like you had a great time! Wine and Write-no Write and Whine!

Chanda Canup said...

You've become quite the photographer! Enjoyed seeing pictures of you guys, and glad you had a good time. I'm jealous of your snow, though. We saw like, 1/2 a day of flurries this winter.
And way to go for your little guy's "dinosaur bone" ingenuity.

And thanks for the comment on MWM. You are an encouragement!

Elaina M. Avalos said...

Love the new blog design! It's pretty and simple. Love that.