FOLLOW ME!!

**********I'm blogging at MichellePendergrass.com and Visual Prayer now!**********

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Trying it out

We're going to do a little something new. We've been low on fundage after Phil's trip to the ER and subsequent stay for what they thought was a heart attack, but it turned out to be esophageal spasms. The good news is that the medications seem to be helping. That episode caused Phil to lose his job (we've contacted attorneys and the union and there's nothing anyone's willing to do) so we moved on and he got another job.

Since we have only one vehicle and he's working from eight in the morning until midnight, I've looked around to find opportunities to get paid for writing. What else? So I'm going to do some paid reviews for ReviewMe and possibly some others that look legit. I will always disclose when I'm doing this. I don't want to run anyone off and I've thought long and hard about using this blog for purposes other than my daily fluff. LOL

I don't see anything wrong with giving my opinion on things that interest me. I'm not going to take opportunities that don't apply to myself or my family or those who are my friends.

So far, I've applied at three different organizations and ReviewMe has been the quickest to accept my blog as well as the easiest to apply and get started. Which of course leaves me feeling pretty good. Some pay once a month, like this one, so I'm guessing that by next month I will have a better opinion of whether or not this is going to work for me (and this blog.) It is kind of hard to review a place such as this without any real experience. So the only thing I can go on is the experience I've had in the last sixteen days applying with the other two companies. One company, I'm not thrilled with right now and the other company I have no opinion either way because I just found them about three days ago and I'm waiting for my blog to be approved. So we'll see.

I'd like to know what you think because you are more important to me than the money. Truly. My thoughts are varied. I don't like seeing a bunch of flashing ads all over a blog. But really, if an opinion is given in the content of a blog and its an honest review with decent content, I really don't mind it. I like finding new products or services and I don't mind telling people the good (or the bad) about things I find.

I'm also looking at writing articles for smaller venues like The Dabbling Mum, but that takes more time for the submission process so I thought between the blog and the articles, I might be able to contribute at least a little and that would make me feel so much better.

5 comments:

Mikesell said...

Esophogeal spasms; I know that feeling. Not fun. Had to cut way back on my chili consumption.

The reviews sounds like a good deal. As long as you can be honest (include the cons along with the pros), I don't see a problem.

Unknown said...

Exactly. I agree with Chris. And it's hard to find places that value and compensate you for you time, so I say, go for it.

Joyful Mother said...

Is payperpost one of the places you are waiting to be approved from? I have had good results with them.

Heather said...

Yeah! Very cool. You're good at giving your opinion, so I'm not worried. ;)
Plus, I think that reviewing books teaches us more about writing books. Win-win sit for you.

~michelle pendergrass said...

Thanks guys!

We'll do the old 30/60 day trial and see how things work out. I'm thinking even if I only make a couple hundred, that's good for Christmas presents and I'm ok with that!