FOLLOW ME!!

**********I'm blogging at MichellePendergrass.com and Visual Prayer now!**********

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Left Brain/Right Brain dominance.

This REALLY surprised me. And Phil is the exact same.














Right Brain/ Left Brain Quiz
The higher of these two numbers below indicates which side of your brain has dominance in your life. Realising your right brain/left brain tendancy will help you interact with and to understand others.
Left Brain Dominance: 16(16)
Right Brain Dominance: 16(16)
Right Brain/ Left Brain Quiz






The right side of the brain is the intuitive, visionary, creative, emotive side. “When the creativity is flowing, when loads of interesting things are coming to mind, when you can hardly keep up with yourself because the ideas are coming so quickly, the right side of your brain is working,” says Vinita Hampton Wright. This flow is often mistaken for the work itself, but is only the beginning of the ‘raw material’ for the work, she says.

The left side of the brain is the analytical, organized, logical, editorial side. “When you step back from that creative flow and analyze what’s happening, the left side of your brain is working,” Wright states. “When you analyze the scene that spilled out during the right-brained creative flow, to figure out why it should be in the book and how to shape it accordingly, your left side is operating.”

Can the human brain be divided up so neat and tidy like that? Nope, but it helps to understand how different parts of the brain work during the creative process. In terms of writing, the right side of the brain pulls up the material; and the left side sorts it all out.

According to a couple tests I’ve taken, I’m about 50/50, sometimes more right-brained. Not sure about the accuracy of these tests, but sometimes they’re fun.

Right vs. Left: Which Side Are You On?
Right? Left?: The Mind in Two


Thanks for the links Victoria!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Ha! I'm equally split too. Though I suspected that, especially since I'm ambidextrous.

So, yes we are alike. Big surprise. ;)

Heather said...

I was right brain dominate. The answer doesn't surprise me, but when I was taking the test, I thought I clicked on more left-brained answers than what they said I did.

Erin said...

Gleefully right-brained!

(And waiting for some creative writing prompts I'd heard murmured about over here a few months ago.)

That sheepshead mushroom looks HUGE! Let me ask you, does it juice well with broccoli?

Jenny said...

Turns out I'm more right brained than I thought but still not so big a difference--12 to 7 in favor of the right side. But that was today. Tomorrow, who knows how I'll answer the questions!
This was fun (and educational, too!)

Abundant blessings,
Jenny Cary

PPG said...

Know about cuadrant brain dominance, God Bless you