FOLLOW ME!!

**********I'm blogging at MichellePendergrass.com and Visual Prayer now!**********

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

June Christian Fiction Sydicate--Waking Lazarus by T. L. Hines



I remember last year when T. L. Hines announced his two book contract with Bethany House. What an exiting time! I think I'm living vicariously through Tony on this journey. What I like most about him is his willingness to share this journey and to help others along the way. I've chatted with Tony several times over the past year because we seem to have the Stephen King thing in common as well as the fact that we're both former atheist-turned-Christian writers. I've been trying to reconcile these dark stories in my mind with the Christianity in my heart and I feel like Tony is a mentor of sorts to me.

With much anticipation, I've been waiting to read Waking Lazarus. I could hardly contain myself when I got it in the mail last month. I started reading immediately and finished the next day. What a debut novel!!!

You won't find spoilers here. I'm not giving anything away. What I will tell you is that I have figured out the endings of almost every single book I read. It is disappointing to be hooked and then midway through a story know what the rest of the story holds. And Hines got me. Got me good! It shocked me so much that I walked around for days saying to my husband, "I can't believe I missed that!"

Waking Lazarus was written so well, I went back and re-read the "gotcha" part and I couldn't find anything that would have given it away. This man has got what it takes to make readers want more.

Hines also throws some great tchotchkies in. And I love stories with layers and tchotchkies.

Knowing there's a second book coming, I can only hope that Tony will let me read eariler because I don't know if I can stand another year waiting.

Here's T.L. Hines' blog

His website

Here's where to buy Waking Lazarus

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found you! Had to go through Bonnie's site, but I got ya. Okay, now I can put your blog up on the FIRST Day links. Phew.

BTW, loved this book too!

Anonymous said...

I also remember the day Tony let us all know about the contract with Bethany House. It felt like the home team had just scored a touchdown.

Great review, my good friend!