FOLLOW ME!!

**********I'm blogging at MichellePendergrass.com and Visual Prayer now!**********

Thursday, March 9, 2006

Silent Enough

Then He said, "Go out and stand on the mountain in the Lord's presence."

At that moment, the Lord passed by. A great and mighty wind was tearing at the mountains and was shattering cliffs before the Lord, but the Lord was not in the wind. After the wind there was an earthquake, but the Lord was not in the earthquake. After the earthquake there was a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire. And after the fire there was a voice, a soft whisper.


I think I felt the great and mighty wind. I think I just about fell over during the earthquake. I can feel the heat of the fire.

Now to just be silent enough to hear the soft whisper.

My heart aches for that soft whisper. I want to breathe His presence. I want to be alone with Him. I want to listen to what He has to say to me. I don't want to be bothered by anything else. I need to be renewed. I want to hear the Psalms. I want to be wrapped in His strong arms of comfort and protection. I want to be babied. I want Him to tell me its all gonna be alright. I want to lay it all aside to just rest in His arms.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

May the sweet Holy Spirit breathe upon you and bring you peace.