FOLLOW ME!!

**********I'm blogging at MichellePendergrass.com and Visual Prayer now!**********

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

f a i t h * i n * f i c t i o n: The Problem with Talking About God: Day 1

f a i t h * i n * f i c t i o n: The Problem with Talking About God: Day 1


I think Dave hit one of those nerves in me today. I've typed and erased several comments because I don't want to offend anyone. But it hurts me to see those kinds of words written. I respect Dave, and I will be quiet today and I'll wait for part two.

God's mercies; His compassions are new every morning. What more could my sould yearn for?

I can think of only two things right now. Jeremiah reminding us that His mercies are new every morning and Solomon telling us that there is no end to the making of books and that much study wearies the body. In the end, it is the fear, the respect, the awe of God that is important.


So I say, "My splendor is gone and all that I had hoped from the LORD."

I remember my affliction and my wandering, the bitterness and the gall.

I well remember them, and my soul is downcast within me.

Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope:

Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.

They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.

I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him."

The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him;

it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3:18-26



But beyond these, my son, be warned: there is no end to the making of many books, and much study wearies the body. When all has been heard, the conclusion of the matter is: fear God and keep His commands, because this [is for] all humanity. For God will bring every act to judgment, including every hidden thing, whether good or evil. Ecclesiastes 12:12-14

No comments: