FOLLOW ME!!

**********I'm blogging at MichellePendergrass.com and Visual Prayer now!**********

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Lousiana Governor asks for prayer

Governor Blanco
asked residents to spend Wednesday in prayer.


"That would be the best thing to calm our spirits and thank our Lord that we are survivors," she said. "Slowly, gradually, we will recover; we will survive; we will rebuild."


Almighty Father and Lord, It is so hard to know what to pray for. There are so many displaced from this hurricane. The devestation is too much to comprehend. I don't understand it all. I know that I won't get answers to everything on this side of heaven. Please help me accept that with grace. I am not in control. Mankind is not in control. The earth is your footstool. Where was I when you laid the foundation of the earth? You are the one who defined the boundaries of the sea as it burst from the womb and you clothed it with clouds and thick darkness. You locked it behind barred gates limiting its shores and it was you Lord, who said "Thus far and no further will you come. Here your proud waves must stop." Who am I to question You? Lord God, pelase forgive us of our arrogance. Please have mercy on us. I am reminded that I have control over nothing and I gladly lay it all down at your feet. I don't have the wisdom to control all that is in your hand and I'm sorry that I need to be reminded of that.

Father, please help those who are lost and don't know you, please send someone in their path to lead them to a saving knowledge of you. Please help the rescue workers safely find any victims still struggling. Keep them safe Lord.

I pray for more workers to be sent. I pray that those not afflicted will generously open their wallets and give in Your name. If they can't give, Lord, I pray that they too would join in prayer and petetion and would seek your face.

I pray for those in charge. The President, the governors, the mayors, the police officers.

I pray for those who have lost loved ones. Those who are still searching for their loved ones. Father, please comfort them with Your love. I know my prayer is lacking. I cannot think of all the people that need to be prayed for. Not only do you know every single person, but you know how many hairs are on the head of every single person. Your wisdom is beyond my grasp. Your will be done here as it is in heaven, Lord. In Jesus sweet name I pray, Amen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can you imagine what if the storm hit them as projected directly on New Orleans at full strength. I think the last minute turn and weakening may have been an answer to prayer in itself. It was devastating enough as it was, but can you imagine?

God bless!

David